Guidelines & Procedure
Our Community Rooms are available for use during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We will consider special requests for meeting space outside of normal business hours, on an individual basis. Please allow time for set-up and break-down in your meeting room request. Before submitting a request, please check our availability calendar to see when the meeting rooms are available.
The rooms are located within the office at One Hamden Center, 2319 Whitney Avenue, Suite 2B, in Hamden, CT. There is plenty of secure, free parking located in the parking deck behind the building.
The two meeting rooms are adjacent to each other, separated by a dividing partition. Please keep that in mind as you plan activities and keep noise at a respectful level.
1. The Board Room. This has a large square table, with upholstered, adjustable chairs, and will accommodate up to 20 around the table. The table is fixed and is not to be moved or broken apart.
2. The Community Room. This is a large open room, with a whiteboard at the front. It has portable tables and seating which can be arranged in the following set-ups and capacities:
|“U” shaped||25||Open on one end|
|Rounds||8 tables, max. 64||Rounds of 6 to 8|
|Theater style||75||Parallel rows of chairs only|
|Classroom style||40||Parallel rows of tables, with chairs behind|
We have the following audio/visual equipment available for your use, in each room:
Food and Beverages
The Memorial Fund will provide your meeting with coffee, decaf coffee, tea and water. If you would like to have anything additional, the Scheduling Coordinator will be happy to assist you.
Room Request Procedure
- Organization checks the availability calendar to see when rooms are available.
- Organization submits the room request form along with
- signed copy of Statement of Understanding
- copy of their 501(c)(3) [current Memorial Fund grantees are exempt]
- copy of insurance certificate naming WCGMF as an 'additional insured' [current Memorial Fund grantees are exempt]
- Once all materials have been received, the Scheduling Coordinator will forward a Confirmation Notice.